Science Accueil offices remain open and welcome you with heath security mesures.
CONTAINMENT : useful information
You’ll find useful documents here. Some are translated in English.
At Science Accueil, we are staying at your side and we have launched several actions to help you through this crisis as smoothly as possible.
You can still join us:
- By chatting through your personal account if you already have one, if not -> it’s here
- For administrative concerns: [email protected]
- For housing concerns: [email protected]
- For French courses: [email protected]
- To register to our workshops: [email protected]
- For any other concern: [email protected]
Information (updated on JULY 23, 2021)
Extension of the sanitary pass to several places receiving the public
- July 21: the sanitary pass is compulsory for all leisure and cultural places gathering more than 50 people;
- Beginning of august: the health pass becomes compulsory in cafés, restaurants, shopping centers, hospitals, retirement homes, medical and social establishments, for travel by plane, train and bus for long-distance journeys.
VACCINATION IN FRANCE
- Vaccination is mandatory for all persons in contact with frail persons (caregivers, non-caregivers, professionals and volunteers). Controls will be carried out from September 15.
- Specific vaccination campaigns will be set up for high school and university students at the beginning of the school year.
- A booster campaign will be introduced for the first French people vaccinated in the first days of September.
- PCR tests will be made chargeable in the fall, except in the case of a medical prescription.
The wearing of masks outdoors will be discontinued ( except in the case of gatherings, queues, markets, stadiums, etc.).
Higher education: 50% of the workforce until the beginning of the school year in September.
Regarding the holding of examinations :
- the tests are maintained for the brevet and the baccalauréat. For BTS and CPGE students in high schools, classes will resume under the same conditions as for high school students;
- CPGE: competitive exams are held in person;
- possible make-up session for BTS students;
exams and midterms will be held in person in May and June. The competitive exams are maintained without change.
How to benefit from the 1 euro meal in the Crous?
The President of the Republic, Emmanuel Macron, announced on January 21 the extension of the 1 euro meal in the Crous to all students without means test for the duration of the health crisis. To benefit from it you only need to have an Izly account.
Students who wish to do so can benefit from two meals per day at 1 euro each, to be taken away only during the health crisis.
Psychological support voucher
On March 10, 2021, the Ministry of Higher Education is launching a national platform for psychological support for students, developed with the French Federation of Psychologists and Psychology. This is a concrete application of the “psych vouchers” mentioned by Emmanuel Macron in January. The platform allows students to select a partner psychologist (more than 600 for the moment) and to benefit from three free 45-minute consultations without advance payment (in the office or by teleconsultation).
A listening service has also been set up by the Ile-de-France region.
Until now, the rule has been to practice telework systematically for all activities that allow it. Since June 9, companies must determine, after discussions between management and employee representatives, a minimum number of telework days for each employee.
as part of the reinforcement of sanitary measures, the national protocol in companies has been updated;
Outdoor and indoor events
The “health pass” is mandatory for recreational and cultural venues with more than 50 people.
Anyone 18 years of age or older must present proof of full vaccination, a negative PCR test less than 48 hours old or proof of recovery from Covid-19 infection to gain access to these venues and events.
The cultural and leisure venues concerned are notably theaters, amusement parks, concert halls, festivals, sports venues and cinemas
Since July 9, nightclubs can reopen with a protocol specific (“pass sanitaire” regardless of the number of customers.).
For information on the measures considered for higher education, research and innovation
Since June 9, the flow of travelers between France and foreign countries has been reopened according to modalities that vary according to the health situation in third countries and the vaccination of travelers.
A classification of countries has been defined on the basis of health indicators. The lists of countries may be adapted according to the evolution of the epidemic situation.
Country classification as of June 17, 2021 based on health indicators:
- “Green” countries:countries and territories in which no active circulation of the virus is observed and no variant of concern is identified. These are the countries of the European area, plus Albania, Australia, Bosnia, Brunei, Canada, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kosovo, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Montenegro, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Taiwan, Ukraine, the Union of Comoros, the United States and Vanuatu.
- “Orange” countries: countries in which active circulation of the virus is observed in controlled proportions, without the spread of variants of concern. These are all countries not included in the “green” and “red” lists, for example the United Kingdom, for which a test requirement of less than 24 hours for unvaccinated persons has been added.
- Red” countries:countries in which active circulation of the virus is observed with the presence of variants of concern. These are the following countries: Afghanistan, Argentina, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, India, Indonesia, Maldives, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay, Russia, Seychelles, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Tunisia, Uruguay and Zambia.
Restrictions may change depending on the health situation
Traveling within the European Union
To travel within the European Union, it is currently not necessary to justify the reason for travel, but prior testing and quarantine obligations may apply.
Since July 1, the health pass is legally recognized for travel within the European area, in the form of a European certificate, in particular for entering the national territory.
The certificate can include proof of vaccination, a negative test result of -72h or proof of reinstatement of the COVID of less than 3 months. States may also establish additional sanitary measures if they are necessary and proportionate (e.g. testing, quarantine, etc.).
What proof of vaccination should be provided?
The vaccines accepted by France are those recognized by the European Medicines Agency (EMA): Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Vaxzevria/Covishield and Johnson & Johnson.
The proof of vaccination is only valid if it allows to attest the realization of a complete vaccination scheme, and the necessary time after the final injection, that is to say:
- 2 weeks after the 2nd injection for double injection vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Vaxzevria/Covishield) ;
- 4 weeks after the injection for vaccines with a single injection (Johnson & Johnson);
- 2 weeks after injection for vaccines in people with a history of Covid-19 (only 1 injection required).
If you have any questions about how to apply the measures concerning entry and residence in France, you can contact the freephone number authorized by the government: 0800 130 000.
Find more information about travel to France on the website of the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs.
Student card and talent passport renewals can now be submitted online.
The application process for students is explained here.
The application process for talent passport is explained here.
For more information The Sub-prefecture of Palaiseau has made available the document foire aux questions COVID 19 (French version).
Public service offices open
The Foreign Talent Welcome Desk (Guichet d’Accueil des Talents Etrangers – GATE) will open its doors from August 30 to December 17, 2021.
For all specific requests, you can reach the prefectures by e-mail :
Sub-prefecture of Palaiseau : [email protected]
Prefecture of Evry : [email protected]
Prefecture of Versailles : [email protected]
For the ” Talent Passports “, a specific address is dedicated to them:
Science Accueil Solidarité
If you have trouble due to the situation (moral, financial…), fell free to tell us, we will do our best to help you find a solution.