Our organization plays a true lever role in the international atractiveness on the territory and finds itself at the crossroads of multiple target audiences:
- Scientists and students using our services (around 4500 per year)
- Furnished housing owners (for up to 1500 residents) and hotel residences
- The team of officers and managers in charge of international scientific reception in schools, higher education institutions, businesses, and start-ups
- Territorial communities, administrations and social contributors.
O.S.E. - Opération Solidarité Etudiants
Fresh organic radishes from the Loiret region, cheeses and syrups from the Chevreuse valley, and organic apple juice delighted the taste buds of students from the Moulon plateau who came from France and elsewhere.
On Friday, May 21, 2021, all the students of the neighboring establishments were invited to a meeting around a good-food buffet with local accents, including those in great precariousness to whom O.S.E. is addressed.
This “Operation Student Solidarity” was launched by Science Accueil in April 2021 with the support of the Carrefour Foundation in order to help students in financial or psychological difficulty due to the health crisis: loss or unsuccessful search for a student job, postponement of internships, impact of the crisis on the time it takes to obtain certain papers, isolation, blues, psychological distress.
Science Accueil was very keen to participate in the general solidarity movement, and, thanks to the support of the Carrefour Foundation, has set up this initiative until the summer, which will allow the distribution of more than 150 solidarity vouchers to the most needy students, after examination of their request by a committee.
In addition to the financial aid provided, four psychology interns have been recruited for an original approach: to offer students “peer-to-peer” exchanges to break the isolation, initiate dialogue and eventually start care in the form of interviews, under the supervision of a senior psychologist.
Identifiable by their green Science Accueil t-shirts, these future psychologists travel around the plateau and its institutions to engage in dialogue with students.
Science Accueil Christmas menu
On Wednesday, December 23rd Science Accueil organized the operation “Christmas menu” to allow international scientists to spend a sweeter Christmas despite the remoteness and isolation caused by the health situation.
Hot chocolate, apple juice, mulled wine, gingerbread, buns and hot chestnuts as well as a gourmet gift with local products were shared with the participants.
The “Christmas menu” was supported by the University of Paris-Saclay, ENSTA-Paris, Onera, the Cesal residence, the association Ted, Paul et les autres, the online store Ecureuil saveurs, and many owners of Science Accueil.
See the article written by the Parisian on “Christmas menu” above.
They're talking about us
- Magazine municipale d’Orsay (Summer 2021) : Science Accueil: a help for scientists.es, unsigned
- Magazine GifInfos (June – July 2021) : Alister supports students in difficulty. en galère, unsigned
- Le Parisien (24 December 2020) : On the Plateau de Saclay, international students prepare for a secluded Christmas, by Cécile Chevallier
- Le Parisien (12 November 2020) : In Palaiseau and Orsay, the public services guaranteed in spite of the reconfinement, by Cécile Chevallier
- Le Parisien (January 31, 2020) : Operation Seduction to Attract Researchers from Britain, by Cécile Chevallier
- La Tribune (January 31, 2020) : Brexit: Île-de-France wants to bring British researchers to Saclay, by César Armand.
- L’Usine Nouvelle (January 30, 2020) : Paris-Saclay wants to take advantage of the Brexit to attract researchers from across the Channel, by Gautier Virol
- ActuEssonne (July 15, 2021) : The Paris-Saclay agglomeration renews the members of its development council, which includes the president of Science Accueil.
- ActuEssonne (November 12, 2020): confinement in Essonne. Foreign students and researchers continue to be supported, Par Thibaut Faussabry
- Actu.fr : (February 6, 2020) Essonne. Paris-Saclay wants to take advantage of the Brexit to attract researchers from Great Britain, by Jérôme Lemonnier
- GouvActu Adminet : (February 5, 2020) Paris-Saclay Calling, l’Essonne land of research, unsigned
- Le MOCI (Moniteur du Commerce International) : (February 3, 2020) Attractivity / Île-de-France : Paris-Saclay wants to attract researchers from the United Kingdom, by Venice Affre.
- BFM TV : (January 31, 2020) Brexit: Paris-Saclay flirts with British researchers, by Alicia Foricher and Baptiste Graziani, with Florian Bouhot.
- Le Parisien : (January 30, 2020) Brexit : Essonne wants to attract British researchers to Paris-Saclay, by Cécile Chevallier.
- La Tribune : (January 30, 2020) Brexit : l’Île-de-France wants to bring British researchers to Saclay, by César Armand.
- Usine Nouvelle : (January 30, 2020) Paris-Saclay wants to take advantage of the Brexit to attract researchers from across the Channel, by Gautier Virol.
- NEWSTANK (January 30, 2020) : Région IDF : a campaign to attract UK researchers to Saclay ; by Caroline Pain
- AEF (January 30, 2020) : Brexit : l’Île-de-France “rolls out the blue-white-red carpet” at British R&D… ; by Anne Roy
Click on the points below to check out previous articles mentioning Science Accueil:
Visit of the Ministry of Public Administration.
On Thursday 12 November, the Ministry of Public Administration visited the Foreign Talent Reception Desk (GATE).
She was welcomed by the 3 co-pilots of the GATE. Jean Bertsch, President of Science Accueil, presented her the functioning of the system and the profiles of its users.
Sophie Langrognet, Director of the development centre of Science Accueil, presented the support methods that the GATE has put in place to reduce user travel, in particular the digital GATE. Mr. Bertsch added: “Our credo is that everything should be set up in a maximum of two passages, to move students as little as possible, which is therefore COVID-compatible. In order to comply with health protocol, we now receive students by appointment only, and we have opened a digital GATE that is accessible day and night. »
Mrs. Amélie Montchalin spoke with the users. “I am reassured to see that the service is maintained during this second confinement,” said Elhadji, a Senegalese student.
The GATE will remain open until December 18. International students and researchers can come by appointment to take advantage of the service: Residence permit area, Science Accueil Information Point, CAF, CPAM, Pôle Emploi, RATP, CROUS.
What's it like living as an expat in Essonne?
Essonne Info (web), February 16, 2020
By Ikram ABOUTAOUS
“If Paris is THE French city that attracts the most foreign talent and expatriates, Essonne is not to be outdone. Taking advantage of its proximity to the frenzy of the capital, the department has become an attractive territory for thousands of expatriates. Who are these foreigners who have chosen Essonne to live their expat life? How are they accompanied when they arrive in the department? “
Science Accueil is a key supporter of research in the Paris region
Genopole magazine: Forum, June 2018
“Science Accueil is a key supporter of research in the Paris region. Since its creation, Science Accueil has supported nearly 25,000 researchers of 132 nationalities!”
How does Paris-Saclay attract foreign talent?
Les Echos Businesses and communities (written press), April 18, 2018
By Alain Piffaretti
“To bring foreign students, researchers and teachers to the Saclay plateau, an association facilitates their administrative procedures and integration, through a multiservice platform: very innovative. Discovery…”
Le journal d'Alister, our newsletter
Our “Journal d’Alister” comes out from twice to four times a year and allows our readers to follow the news of Science Accueil and its partners.
Other than going over all the activities of the trimester, our journal also gives a good overview of the upcoming news of Science Accueil.
The new “Journal d’Alister” No. 16 May 2021 is published. Click on the image to see it. You can also consult the others editions:
The Science Accueil’s journal exists since June 2016, here are our previous numbers.