Gif sur Yvette
SOLEIL is the French national synchrotron facility, located on the Saclay Plateau near Paris. It is a multi-disciplinary instrument and research laboratory whose mission is to conduct research using synchrotron radiation, to develop cutting edge instrumentation on the beamlines, and to make these developments available to the scientific community. SOLEIL synchrotron, a unique tool for both academic research and industrial applications across a wide range of disciplines including physics, biology, chemistry etc., opened in 2008. It is used annually by thousands researchers from France and abroad. SOLEIL is based on a synchrotron source that is state-of-the-art both in terms of brilliance and stability. This large scale facility, a partner of the Université Paris Saclay, is a “publically owned” private company, founded by the CNRS and the CEA.
This position is in the CASSIOPEE group, in the Experiments division.
CASSIOPEE is a SOLEIL beamline with a staff of four permanent people, three scientists and a technician. The main group mission is to ensure operation and development of the experimental setup for the research projects of both the beamline and the external users scientists.Detailed mission:
To assist the scientists for the operation and the development of the experiments at the users community’s service. This technician position concerns the technical aspects of operation (mechanics, vacuum, cryogeny, electronics, computing), and maintenance and development of the beamline and its experimental stations.
Responsabilities and tasks
To take part to the maintenance and development of the experimental setups:
- Follow-up of the installations ;
- Organization of the maintenance (vacuum pumps, fluids and electrical equipments, provision of various supplies and spare parts…);
- Organization of the interventions on the beamline (interactions with the SOLEIL support groups and external companies);
- Development of simple mechanical systems (conception and follow-up of the production);
- Mounting and tests of new instrumental assemblies. Production of necessary parts, if needed (drawings and production);
- Production of reports for these tests and gestion of their archiving;
- Production of manuals if needed.
To take part in the assistance of users during beamline operation :
- To make sure that all the necessary equipments (detectors, evaporators, cryogenic fluids…) are available when a new experiment starts.
- To develop small instrumental assemblies for an experiment, if needed;
- Follow-up of its production either by SOLEIL support groups or by external companies.
Preparation of the experimental setups:
- Mounting of the experimental setups and/or of sample environments for the forthcoming experiment;
- Technical support to the beamline users
- Use of some of the beamline instruments (detectors, evaporators…)
Planification and organization of operations requiring the coordination of different SOLEIL support groups
- Management of orders
- Relationships with providers
- Sendings and receipts of parcels
This position is aimed at holders of a DUT or a BTS (advanced technician certificate), with a specialization in physical measurements or equivalent and having various skills (vacuum, ultra-high vacuum, instrumentations, technical drawing, mechanical design, optics, electronics, computing…)